Monday, October 14, 2013

12 Weeks and 4 Days

I am so relieved to finally be able to write about my pregnancy on here. I stayed far away from my blog for a couple of months, because every time I wanted to write, I wanted to blurt out the good news! It was so hard to keep it a secret, but Mgo and I both agreed to hold on to the news for the first three months.

Pregnant. I took about five tests the day I got a positive. I just couldn't believe it. Once I saw the two lines, I thought I had to get up and do something. I paced around the house and wondered what I needed to do. I took some vitamins. Ate a healthy breakfast. Did some research online. Called my OB's office who was still closed. All before 7 o'clock in the morning.

When I finally got my best friend on the phone, she had to assure me that a positive pregnancy test meant that I was REALLY pregnant.

"Now what? Now you bake a baby!" she said.

The thing is, I didn't know the first thing about pregnancy or what pregnancy would be like for me. I prepared for the worst, and thank God, it's been fairly easy so far. I was sick for a few weeks, but it was manageable. 

Every morning I looked at myself in the mirror, and then down at my tummy and knew that this was a small miracle. Each day that passed, I was thankful that, for once, my body was behaving. It was doing what it was supposed to do. Praise God.

Now I am 12 weeks and 4 days in, and all I can do is stare at and rub my tummy, which has started to grow quite rapidly! Strangers keep asking whether I'm having a boy or a girl, and when I tell them that I'm only three months along and don't know yet, they lift their eyebrows and smile and nod. It's pretty funny actually. I don't know if I'm big because I'm so short and petite, but I am so content. Grow baby grow!

In other news, I can finally eat vegetables again without gagging! I'm craving strawberries and grapes and pineapple! I'm happy to announce that my love for ice cream has not diminished!

Nausea? Check. Cravings that make me itch until I am eating them? Check. Sleepy? .....Oh, I'm sorry. I fell asleep for a minute there.

I thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. This is going to be my biggest adventure yet.

I just can't believe I'm so blessed. I can't believe I get to be a mom.







No comments:

Post a Comment